Sunshine Coast Oriana Choir - Seasonal Music Director
Are you a passionate, professional and driven Music Director looking to lead an award-winning choir?
Join our friendly, supportive, high performing family of choristers who deliver quality performances across the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia and Europe
Seasonal Choral Direction (season of 3-4 months’ duration) with weekly rehearsals in Buderim (Sunshine Coast, Queensland)
Contact the Secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org to confidentially request an application pack.
You will be required to prepare and submit an application comprising: your CV; an address of the Selection Criteria; 2 references; any reviews of recent performances; a recent recording of you conducting an appropriate piece of choral music.
Applications must be received by Friday 19 January 5pm
For more information contact Melissa Innes (President, Oriana Arts Inc) on 0439 545 604.
Music Director - Mandurah City Choral Society
The Mandurah City Choral Society is seeking a talented and enthusiastic music director commencing February 2018.
We are an SATB choir that aims to perform choral music to a high standard and actively promote the benefits of choral singing in the community.
We hold approximately five performances a year with our major performance usually held in October. Over previous years, we have performed Vivaldi’s Gloria and Faure’s Requiem accompanied by a thirty piece orchestra, as well as more contemporary music, both classical and popular. A copy of our recently performed music, which gives a good indication of the Choral Society’s preferred genres, is available.
Our rehearsals are currently held on a Monday night 7.30-9.30pm in Mandurah.
If you would like more information, please call Jannette Barrett on 0405 182 741.
Choir Conductor Vacancy - Music For Canberra & the Canberra Children's Choir
TITLE: CONDUCTOR – Canberra Children’s Choir and Training Choir
REPORTS TO: CEO & Artistic Director
The role of Choir Conductor requires an experienced educator and an energetic music practitioner. Along with prior experience leading vocal ensembles the position requires a demonstrated ability to attract and engage young musicians. The role of Choir Conductor includes conducting the prestigious Canberra Children’s Choir as well as the Training Choir.
Conductors are accountable to the CEO and Artistic Director for the quality of the musical standards, achievements of participants, and long-term plans for the choir stream.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run weekly rehearsals for the Canberra Children’s Choir and the Training Choir, preparing them for performances and taking an active role in improving the musical skills of the group. The Choir Conductor must be able to provide rehearsal and performing experiences of the highest caliber, through application of effective group management, high-level conducting skills, and appropriate rehearsal techniques.
- Set long-term goals of learning and development, and propose appropriate repertoire for both choirs, to be approved by the Artistic Director. The Choir Conductor is expected to develop imaginative programming ideas that hold significance for the choir, the community, and the occasion, and that are developmentally appropriate for the students’ voices.
- Contribute to the performance programming of Music for Canberra by preparing participants for concerts and other events.
- Create a positive learning environment where children are supported in their learning journey and enthusiastic about their participation. The Choir Conductor must lead focused rehearsals while maintaining an encouraging and inspiring culture.
- Proactively further the choirs’ potential as an artistic and community resource, willingly participating in outreach and promotional endeavours for the choirs.
- Cooperate effectively with other tutors and conductors, members of staff, and the CEO and Artistic Director. The Choir Conductor should hold an understanding of a typical non-profit organisation and attend and contribute to staff meetings.
- Experience in working with vocal ensembles, using repertoire across a variety of genres, and evidence of excellence in conducting technique and rehearsal methods.
- An understanding of children’s voices and vocal development, as well as appropriate rehearsal techniques for young musicians.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to relate to, and work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders, including young musicians, audiences, staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to foster a positive learning environment and maintain participant enjoyment in musical experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to envision long-term goals for the choir, including the ability to attract participants, and to set out a plan to achieve these goals.
- Proven commitment to continued learning and professional development.
- Recognised qualifications in music and/or education or equivalent experience.
- Must hold a current Working With Vulnerable People card (or be able to obtain this prior to commencing in February 2018).
Please send your C.V. and a cover letter responding to the selection criteria to the Program Manager, Kate Firkins, at email@example.com by Friday 8 December, 2017.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted to arrange an interview.
The position is for an initial period of 11 months, commencing in February 2018. Subject to KPI’s and CEO/AD approval, the position may be extended beyond 2018 and grow to a long-term working relationship.
Thank you for your interest in working with Music For Canberra.
Choir Conductor Position Jan 2018 - Dec 2019
The Soufflé Sisters Choir require a choir conductor for 24 months to cover study leave for our current conductor. The Soufflé Sisters is an accompanied non-auditioning choir for women which was formed in 2006. We rehearse weekly on Wednesday evenings in Pascoe Vale South from 7.30 – 9.30 pm during term times. We perform 3 – 4 a year and sing an eclectic mix of music from many genres and often perform with other choirs and musicians. We are a friendly supportive group who take our music seriously but ensure that great fun and enjoyment is shared by singers, leaders and audiences alike.
This position is available from First Term 2018 and is available until the end of Fourth Term 2019.
For further details and information about the application process please contact Choir Manager Paula Curotte on 93840371 or 0458545981.
Musical Director - shOUT Youth Chorus
The shOUT Youth Chorus is seeking a new Musical Director to commence from January 2018.
We are seeking a vibrant, energetic, and committed person who can lead the youth chorus in the LGBTIQ+ and mainstream communities.
You will be trained in music, and have had some experience working with young singers, together with a good understanding of the issues facing LGBTIQ+ youth.
A copy of the Position Description can be obtained from: http://mglc.org.au/youth-chorus
Further information can be obtained by contacting Philip on: 0419 586 534
Applications close at 5 pm, Friday 10 November 2017
Please email your covering letter quoting reference number MGLC 01-2017, CV, and document addressing the Key Selection Criteria to Philip Platon at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position of Musical Director with The Serenata Singers at The Gap, Brisbane
Musical and Artistic Director – Call for applications
Sydney’s iconic Café of the Gate of Salvation gospel choir, http://www.cafeofthegateofsalvation.com.au/ is looking for a new Musical and Artistic Director in 2018.
When founder Tony Backhouse first had the idea back in 1986 to start an inner-city choir inspired by the music of the African-American sacred vocal tradition, little did he know how far-reaching that decision would be. The ‘Café’ has been Sydney's premier a cappella gospel choir ever since. Accepting all faiths, we are inspired by the footstompin', soulful music of the African-American vocal tradition, we sing because we love to and we share our voices, to foster inclusiveness, compassion & joy.
After the first twenty years with Tony, for the last ten we have been led and inspired by our beloved musical director Dynes Austin. The 35-voice ‘Café’ is a hardworking performing choir that gives around 15 performances per year. We curate a number of own events including gigs at the Basement with our Heavenly Band and often perform with guest artists such as Paul Capsis, Darren Percival and Tina Harrod, our annual Petersham Bowlo pilgrimage and our “Singing for Freedom” program. We always make sure at least a third of our performances support good causes.
We love festivals and have performed many, such as Womadelaide, Bellingen Global Carnival, Kiama Jazz Festival, Sydney Mardi Gras, Kings Cross Cultural Festival and the Festival of Voices in Hobart. We have also performed at fund-raising events for worthy social causes such as Earth Hour, Quake Aid, Love Makes A Way, Sing for Somalia, AIDS Trust of Australia along with appearances at the ARIA and Walkley Awards, and tours of both the USA and New Zealand.
The Musical and Artistic Director will:
- Curate and manage the choir performance repertoire. This especially includes introducing new songs that build on the extensive catalogue (over 100 songs)
- Craft music programs for our diverse performances
- Be our inspirational principal conductor for performances, supported by our assistant musical directors
- Up to 15 performances per year
- Oversee the rehearsal schedule
- Rehearsals are held most Wednesday nights 7:00 to 9:00pm with occasional weekend rehearsals
- Note: We normally have a Christmas break from mid-December to end-January, plus a few designated choir-free days during school holidays
- Teach new songs and polish old ones
- Support the learning and good singing practice of choir members
- Lead new member auditions
- Work with the Management Committee on the musical programme
- Experienced choral conductor, minimum 5 years
- Have a deep affinity with and understanding of African-American gospel music
- Engaging and passionate about choral music
- Shares the choir’s community and sharing ethos
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- Ability to arrange choral music
- Fixed salary per annum paid quarterly (note the Café is GST exempt).
- Applications for the role will be open from September to 15 December, 2017
- Please email applications indicating why you would want to be the Café’s MD and addressing the job requirements to email@example.com
- A shortlist will be made in January, we will advise applicants shortly thereafter
- Those shortlisted will be interviewed and invited to conduct the choir on a trial basis
- After the trial period, the choir as a whole will be voting for the new Musical Director
A bit more about the Choir
We have an active management committee that oversees the day-to-day running of the choir including:
- Seeking and managing gigs
- Choir publicity – including website and social media
- Management of members – auditions, attendance etc
- Rehearsal venues – principal rehearsal venue is St Mary’s Church, Swanson St, Erskineville.
Café of the Gate of Salvation has released four CDs to date and is mixing a new release at present:
- Out of the Archives 2011
- Deluxe 2004
- A Window in Heaven 1995 (ARIA nominated)
- The Café of the Gate of Salvation 1992 (self-titled)
MUSIC DIRECTOR - Mosaic Community Choir, Cheltenham, Melbourne
Melbourne’s Mosaic Community Choir is based in Cheltenham and is open to all who enjoy singing. It has 80 active members and welcomes voices without audition. The choir has been privileged to enjoy the dynamic and nurturing leadership of Robert Dryden for the past 19 years and, thanks to Robert’s stewardship, we are proud to sing a broad repertoire to a high standard. Robert is retiring at the end of 2017 to relocate interstate and we now need a new Music Director to further build on our passion for singing.
Mosaic is a fun and upbeat choir. We are looking for a Music Director who is an encouraging, patient leader and who can extend the choir’s capabilities as well as be an integral part of our unique “singing culture”. For many years, we have joined with our sister choir Vocally Wild to form the mass choir at the very successful Bayside Carols in Dendy Park and to perform a biannual joint concert together with the Southern Area Concert Band. There is a possibility to take over the direction of both choirs if interested.
Our choir is dedicated, hardworking and passionate. Your experience in choral music and demonstrated ability in music directing, especially teaching part singing, will be welcomed. A degree in music or music teaching would be ideal but is not essential as we value experience.
Rehearsals take place during school terms on Monday nights from 7.30 – 9.30 pm. The position is financially rewarded on an hourly basis and is supported by an accompanist.
Interested? Please contact Alison Evans firstname.lastname@example.org / 0402 556 670 or David Rintoul email@example.com / 0438 313 723 who would be happy to provide further information and answer any questions that you might have.
Alternatively, email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choir Director, Vocally Wild Choir Sandringham
Our wonderful choir director is answering the call of warmer climes and leaving us at the end of this year after 19 years of taking this happy choir. Our SATB community choir has around 100 members of mixed age and musical experience based in the Melbourne suburb of Sandringham. We rehearse Tuesday night 7.30 – 9.30pm with extra rehearsals prior to performances. The choir enjoys singing a wide variety of styles including musicals, modern, gospel, traditional and choral. We have a talented accompanist and an active choir committee that will assist you. For many years we have joined with our associate choir Mosaic Community Choir to form the mass choir at the Bayside Carols in the Park which attracts over 25,000 people each year. Our current choir director has presided over both Vocally Wild and Mosaic, so there is the opportunity to direct both choirs if interested. This is a part-time paid position. We need an enthusiastic director who can bring out the best in us, encourage us to reach new heights, but still make singing fun. Our Choir Secretary Russel Barnes would be pleased to speak to you 0409 090 448 or you can send your CV and expression of interest to Russel@lexic.com.au
Music Director - Sydney Gay & Lesbian Choir
Sydney Gay & Lesbian Choir is currently seeking an experienced, dynamic, well-organised and flexible Music Director to develop the skills of members to perform at their best and to ensure leadership in defining the musical direction of the Choir.
Sydney Gay & Lesbian Choir (SGLC) is one of Australia’s most popular community choirs with over 80 active singing members. It welcomes singers without audition and regardless of their sexuality, gender identity or music experience. Sydney Gay & Lesbian Choir strives for musical excellence and undertakes a wide range of repertoire which has delighted thousands of people over our 25 year history. The Choir rehearses on Thursday evenings in Glebe between 7 and 10pm. This is a paid part time position and requires a commitment of around 15 hours a week.
Full details on the position and application process can be found at http://www.sglc.org/jobs
Applications close on the 29th September 2017
Position Vacant: The Decibelles Female Pop Choir Inc. is looking for a new Pianist
The Decibelles Female Pop Choir Inc is looking for a new pianist to accompany us throughout rehearsals and for our performances.
The Decibelles are an SSAA choir consisting of approximately 40 woman. We present a minimum of 3 shows a year including a major concert in venues such as Meat Market and Memo Music Hall.
Rehearsals are held every Monday in St Kilda. (with some additional Sundays and Wednesdays near concert time)
The accompanist is expected to:
- Attend rehearsals prepared with all music required
- Provide support to the Musical Director as and when requested by the Musical Director
- Be the main liaison between band members and the Musical Director where a band has been employed
- Be willing to assist with the leading of rehearsals if requested
- Liaise directly with any member of the Management Committee as and when required
- Ensure a replacement accompanist is found for any rehearsals they are unable to attend
- Access to or ownership of own electronic keyboard and amp an advantage
- Experience in and willingness to arrange an advantage
- Previous experience accompanying a choir in rehearsal and performance expected
Choral Director, Sutherland Shire Choral Society
Doncare Community Services SasSing (Survivors and Supporters Sing) - Volunteer Conductor
The Doncare Domestic Violence Support programs developed a choir called SasSing. The choir has members, aged from early 30s up to late 70s. What brings them together is not just the joy of music but also their shared experiences of Family Violence as either survivors or supporters. They sing everything … from The Beatles to Madonna to African chants …all tinged with a sentiment of empowerment.
Doncare community services would like to recruit a volunteer conductor to assist the choir alternative Monday mornings from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm with choir rehearsals and performances.
Please feel free to contact Doreen Stoves, Chief Executive Officer on 9856 1500 for more information.
Choir Conductor – September to mid-December 2017 for the Scandinavian Choir, Melbourne
The Choir is based at Toorak House, St Georges Rd. Toorak, home of the Swedish Church and meeting place for all Scandinavians. Presently the Choir meets Thursday evenings from 7.30 to 9.30 pm, but this can readily be changed to Monday evenings.
All communication is in English, as close to half of the members are non-Scandinavians. Familiarity with the Scandinavian languages is not a requirement (our previous Conductor was Austrian). The Choir has an active Committee, that puts together the programs for each performance and assist the Conductor in every way possible.
Director of Music, St Patrick’s - Mentone & St John Vianney’s – Parkdale East
The position is part time for 19 hours per week; some flexibility is able to be offered with the working hours, however; Sunday Masses must be covered each week including the month of January. Flexibility to work more hours during festive times is also essential for this role.
The Director of Music is responsible for the planning, rehearsals and provision of liturgical music within the parishes of St Patrick, Mentone & St John Vianney, Parkdale.
The Director of Music needs to work in a collaborative manner with other parish leaders, including the Parish Priest, school Principals, the schools’ Religious Education leaders, the schools’ teachers of music, the parish sacristan and the parish secretaries.
The position is located at St Patrick’s Parish, Mentone.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Check and hold a valid Working with Children Check.
Applications must be addressed to: email@example.com by Sunday 11 June 2017.
For further information contact Nandi Adams, Human Recourses Officer on (03) 9926 5793.
Please download the Job Description for more information.
Piano Accompanist for the Sutherland Shire Children's Choir
We rehearse on Wednesdays 4pm-8.15pm during school terms. (Allegro Choir 4pm-5pm, Training Choir 5.15pm-6.15pm, Performing Choir & Teen Voices 6.30pm-7.45pm and Teen Voices 7.45pm-8.15pm). The children are aged 6-15 yrs. Rehearsals take place at the Sutherland Pensioners’ Centre, Sutherland.
We need someone who is a great accompanist, has a good singing voice and loves working with kids. The accompanist will be supporting the choir director (me) in teaching the rehearsals. I’m looking for a reliable person who intends to work for the choir in the long term.
Please email your resume to me if you are interested in this position. Short listed applicants will be invited to attend one rehearsal evening 4pm-8.15pm as a paid trial.
Natalie Woodcock, Director, Sutherland Shire Children’s Choir
Sydney Philharmonia Choirs - Assistant Chorus Master & Repetiteur
This vital position is focused on providing an exceptional opportunity for a talented musician and conductor to develop their skills in choral conducting, learn the choral repertoire from the inside out, work with world renowned conductors on the international stage and be part of developing the exceptional organisation that is Sydney Philharmonia Choirs.
Through regular repetiteur work with the choirs the Assistant Chorus Master will develop a deep knowledge of the rehearsal process and the requirements for the repertoire being rehearsed. This will enable the Assistant Chorus Master to support the Music Director by deputising at short notice and taking sectional rehearsals, as well as taking the lead Chorus Master role on some projects throughout the year.
We are seeking an exceptional repetiteur who wishes to develop their conducting skills and is passionate about singing, choirs and the choral repertoire.
Applications to be submitted by 5pm Friday 9th December. For further details, including person specification and how to apply please visit http://www.sydneyphilharmonia.com.au/employment/
Choral Accompanist Wanted - Victoria Chorale
The 70-95 dedicated singers of Victoria Chorale seek an experienced and reliable rehearsal accompanist for their 2017 season. The choir rehearses most Tuesday nights from 7.30 to 10 pm in Hawthorn plus extra rehearsals as required. The rate of pay is $130 per rehearsal. Auditions for the position will be held on Tuesday 8 and 15 November (other audition dates may be possible). An understanding of choral rehearsal techniques is essential.
Please ring Ken Anderson on 94822151 or email Victoria Chorale at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Choir Accompanist Position: Excelsis
Excelsis was established in 2013 and is a community/church choir which sings a varied repertoire, regularly performing in both concert and church settings. We are currently seeking a Principal Accompanist, who will share the role of accompanying the choir with our two Assistant Accompanists. Rehearsals are held from 7.30pm-10.00pm on Thursday evenings in Mount Waverley, and the choir regularly sings for church services on Sunday mornings. This is a paid position.
Working closely with the Musical Director, the successful applicant will accompany the choir in rehearsal and performance, and assist where possible with the choir's learning and development. Previous experience in accompanying choirs will be highly regarded, and strong sight reading and ensemble skills are essential. As Excelsis is a community choir, the successful applicant must be encouraging and supportive of all choristers.
For more information on Excelsis, and to see photos of our past concert events and tours, please consult our Facebook page by clicking here. If you have any queries in relation to this position please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 31 October 2016, and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sutherland Shire Children's Choir - Accompanist wanted
The rehearsals are Wednesdays 4pm-8.15pm during school terms at Sutherland. (Allegro Choir 4pm-5pm, Training Choir 5.15pm-6.15pm, Performing Choir & Teen Voices 6.30pm-7.45pm and Teen Voices 7.45pm-8.15pm). The children are aged 6-15 yrs.
We need someone who is a great accompanist, has a good singing voice and loves working with kids. The accompanist is needed to support the choir director in teaching the rehearsals. We are looking for a reliable person who would intend to work for the choir in the long term.
The pay is $162.50 per Wednesday 4pm-9.15pm which you would invoice via your ABN. The successful applicant will be invited to attend one rehearsal evening as a paid trial.
Contact: Natalie Woodcock 0415 796 095
New Musical Director - Geelong Welsh Ladies Choir
The Geelong Welsh Ladies Choir has been under the musical directorship of Jeanette John since its inception in 1998. After 18 years, Jeanette has made the big decision to step back from this position and the choir is now searching for its new musical leader.
The choir currently has 26 members and spans a wide age group and a diversity of musical and ethnic backgrounds, all with a desire to carry on the Welsh heritage through song. The choir sings a wide variety of styles including classical, spiritual, traditional and show tunes, performing songs in Welsh and other languages and has completed tours of Wales and New Zealand.
Rehearsals take place on Wednesday nights in Highton, with various performances planned throughout the year.
If you are interested in leading this dynamic group of ladies into its next exciting chapter of development, or have any further questions, please contact Choir President, Libby Rouse via email email@example.com or by mobile (0403 199 524).
Further information about the choir can be found on the website www.geelongwelshlc.com.au.
Auditions are now open for a new choir - NSW
Seeking voices in all parts. (SATB)
Competent singers with good reading skills required.
Rehearsals will happen on Monday evenings. The rehearsal venue is to be advised. (with 20km of the CBD)
Repertoire will predominantly include popular music and jazz. Some challenging arrangements.
(The Real Group, The Idea of North, Take 6, Kings Singers etc)
Contact Gary Smith
Mobile: 0414 869 352