The Great War Symphony - DCINY Concert in New York
10:00am 22nd January 2018 - 10:00pm 11th November 2018
Venue Name: Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Centre
Venue Address: New York, USA
Event Type: International
Choir(s): Various Choirs
The U.S. based group DCINY (http://www.dciny.org/) provide opportunities to choirs from around the world to perform at the prestigious New York venues Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Centre.
DCINY will be performing the U.S. Premiere of Patrick Hawes' new work The Great War Symphony to commemorate the centenary of the First World War (https://www.patrickhawes.com/great-war-symphony/). The confirmed date of the concert is the exact centenary of the Armistice - 11th November 2018 - in the Carnegie Hall. The poignancy of performing the U.S. Premiere of the work on Armistice Day makes this a really special event. Patrick will also be conducting the work, so it’s a chance to work with the composer directly too.
What follows is a summary of the key information (and please do share with any other singers you know who might also be interested in joining us):
- Event: U.S. Premiere of Patrick's new work The Great War Symphony to commemorate the centenary of the First World War (https://www.patrickhawes.com/great-war-symphony/). Patrick will also be conducting the work.
- Date: 11th November 2018 - the exact centenary of the Armistice!
- Organiser: DCINY (as soon as I know the level of interest from you (and your co-singers hopefully!) I will pass these details on to DCINY who will take it further).
- Costs: DCINY have given me the following approx. costs:
“The DCINY fee for 2018-2019 is $790 USD per person. That combined with air and hotel for a 5 day/4 night residency is generally in the $1600-$1750 USD total range per person.”
Other important info:
- This event is open to individual singers and choirs.
- Scores will be available from Hawes Music from March 2018 (so plenty of time to prepare)
- We are currently working on rehearsal CDs to be produced and we will also have the official album recording available by May as useful learning tools.
There is plenty of free time around rehearsals to sight-see NY!