Choir Cecilia is looking for an accompanist
Choir Cecilia is a not-for-profit community choir based in Mount Barker, South Australia. The choir prepares two programs, each of approximately ten different works, per year. These programs are presented at a mid-year concert and an end-of-year concert in Mt Barker and are often repeated in other regional areas (for example Victor Harbor). The choir currently rehearses at the St. James Church hall in Blakiston on Wednesday evenings from 7.30 to 9.30 during school term time. The repertoire is largely classical with excerpts from opera and oratorio as well as stand-alone 4-part works including folksongs and other traditional pieces.
Overview of position
- Provides accompaniment to Choir Cecilia on a keyboard provided
- Works under the direction of the Musical Director, Peter Webb OAM.
- Is an Associate Member of Choir Cecilia and may attend any committee meetings
- Is an integral member of the choir community
Responsibilities and Duties
- Accompanies the choir at weekly rehearsals and at public concerts as required
- Supports invited guest artists at concerts with accompaniment as required
- Follows the Musical Director without prompting
- Assists by accompanying warm-ups, sometimes ad hoc, as required
- Prepares the full accompaniments, and plays them when required
- Anticipates and plays starting notes without prompting during rehearsals
- Maintains the continuity of the accompaniment in order to support the choir
- Assists at the keyboard with initial note-learning, and learning of individual parts, including being prepared to play combinations of various vocal lines
- Maintains patience and good nature during the sometimes repetitive execution of these responsibilities
- Develops the ability to play tenor lines one octave down when they are printed in treble clef
- Is punctual and well prepared for each rehearsal
- Is amenable to direction, and prepared to be proactive in working with the conductor as part of the choir's musical leadership team
- An accomplished pianist - B. Mus. Performance level, or A.Mus.A or equivalent standard
- Experience – previous experience in accompanying community choirs desirable
- Two references desirable, from teachers or peers
- The accompanist is awarded an annual honorarium of $3000 made in 4 payments coinciding with school terms, and reviewed as required.
Jill Brodie-Tyrrell, President of Choir Cecilia, phone 0411 653 060 or email below
Email email@example.com by 28th February 2019.
BRISBANE CITY SOUNDS CHORUS
Seeking expressions of interest for Musical Director
Brisbane City Sounds Chorus (BCS) is an auditioned, all-women a cappella competing chorus based in Paddington, Queensland. We mainly sing in the barbershop style and have a large and varied repertoire. We love to entertain and we perform regularly at local events and shows. We are a highly motivated, disciplined and unified group and we have great fun together. We compete nationally approximately every 2 years.
BCS is a not-for-profit organisation with a strong leadership team and established processes, and we perform with a high standard of professionalism. We have grown from a small community chorus in 2002 to a paid performing chorus of 35 singers.
Applications are now open for our next energetic, experienced director. We are seeking someone with strong musical, auditory and singing skills, who can encourage us to continually improve, help us provide excellent entertainment for our audiences, and join us in experiencing the joy of singing at our best. Our preference is for someone with previous experience in barbershop-style a cappella directing; however, we welcome all applicants to contact us to discuss the position. Importantly, we are looking for strong teaching skills and the ability to motivate volunteer performers.
In return, we offer remuneration by rehearsal payment, percentage of paid performances, and contributions to furthering your musical education. Your professional development is good for us too.
For further details, please contact Veronika Liljeqvist (Baritone Section Leader) via phone: 0411 362 072 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Boys Choir of Australia is seeking a Co-Artistic and Administrative Director
The National Boys Choir of Australia is a Not-for-profit incorporated association which operates from its freehold premises in Ringwood, Victoria. The Choir was formed in 1964 and has developed a strong reputation in teaching and choral performance. Typically we have 50 boys in each of the Elementary and Junior training choirs with another 100 boys in the Performing Choir – ages are in the range of 7 to 15.
We aim to provide boys with an excellent choral music education based on the bel canto style and the opportunity for music and performance to contribute to a love of singing and the boys’ overall development, including self-confidence, leadership and interpersonal skills.
The Choir is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced person to the dual role of Co-Artistic and Administrative Director. This is a key full-time position and the incumbent will be responsible for overseeing the development of the Choir`s music program, working collaboratively with a Co-Artistic Director (part time role), as well as managing administrative and other operational activities of the organisation. The incumbent would also liaise closely with the Coordinator/Conductor of the training choirs.
The successful candidate will be required to regularly work outside normal hours – weekly rehearsals are held in the evening, several weekend workshops are held during each year and performances are mostly evening or weekend events. The Performing choir also tours for up to 10 days each year.
The successful candidate will:
- Have choral teaching experience in a school/educational role or extensive community choral leadership experience
- Be able to lead and manage rehearsals of the Performing Choir
- Preferably have classical vocal skills ; piano skills would be advantageous
- Be able to conduct a choir and orchestra in concert
- Demonstrate developed interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with staff and outside contacts, including parents of choristers
- Be proactive and display a practical approach with organisational, planning and strategic thinking capabilities
A salary package in the range of $90k to $110k (depending on experience) is envisaged. A role description can be downloaded from here: https://nationalboyschoir.com.au/position/
Applications, with resume close on Monday 21st January 2019 and should be addressed to :
The President, National Boys Choir of Australia, Unit 3, 9 Pilgrim Crt, Ringwood Vic 3134 or by email to ‘email@example.com’, or call 9872 4480 for further information.
VOICE WEAVERS A CAPPELLA CHOIR
New Music Director Wanted
Yes, that’s right, our current Music Director is retiring after our Japan tour in April 2019 and we are seeking a new Director to lead the choir to ever greater success.
Voice Weavers is a mixed voice a Cappella choir based in Tweed Heads, growing in size with currently some 50 members of all ages. We enjoy an extensive repertoire with a large variety in musical and arrangement styles. Part of what makes Voice Weavers unique is our plan to travel internationally every three years to continue on the success of the tours we have already taken to China, Vietnam, Russia and our tour to Japan in April 2019.
If you are interested please contact our President, June Rogan (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Secretary, Barbara Lofts (email@example.com or 07 55909496), for further information and to arrange attendance at a rehearsal to get an idea how the choir currently operates.
Seasonal Music Director
- Opera Choruses & G&S -
October - December 2019
- Are you a passionate, professional and driven Music Director looking to lead an award-winning choir?
- Join our friendly, supportive, high performing family of choristers who deliver quality performances across the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia and Europe
- Seasonal Choral Direction (season of approximately 2 months’ duration) with weekly rehearsals in Buderim (Sunshine Coast, Queensland)
Oriana Arts Inc boasts the multi-award-winning Sunshine Coast Oriana Choir (SCOC) and Sunshine Coast Oriana Youth Choir (SCOYC), and delivers 3 major choral seasons each year across a range of genres (classical, modern, sacred, large choral works and many more).
Based on the Sunshine Coast (Buderim) in Australia, with a current membership of 130, our vocal ensembles are renowned in South East QLD for delivering high quality performances to valued and loyal patrons. We have performed Messiah with QLD Symphony Orchestra, and early in May 2019 will deliver Mendelssohn’s Elijah with Brisbane Symphony Orchestra.
About the opportunity:
Working with the Artistic Director, you will musically direct our auditioned adult choir of approximately 60-70 singers, the Sunshine Coast Oriana Choir, as the Seasonal Music Director (SMD) for Season 3 2019 (Thursday October 17 – Sunday December 15) for a production of Opera Choruses and Gilbert & Sullivan favourites (repertoire to be negotiated with successful SMD).
As SMD you will work across all aspects of Music Direction (where applicable) including:
- Audition of seasonal performance soloists from choir membership and in consultation with the Artistic Director
- Attendance at regular weekly rehearsals, including special weekend rehearsals (x2) totalling approximately 16 rehearsals for the season; including comprehensive rehearsal preparation; and attendance at technical and dress rehearsals prior to performances
- Delivery of quality performance/s as required for the Season (rehearsal and performance schedule for Season 3 available on request)
- Collaboration and consultation with the Artistic Director in ensuring the choir’s progression, vocal standard and performance etiquette always attain the highest possible standard
- Ongoing collaboration with the Artistic Director and a workable, consultative approach with the committee, as well as approachability for sectional leaders and choristers, as appropriate
Do you have the following knowledge, skills and experience?
To be considered for the position of Oriana Seasonal Music Director the successful candidate will preferably have:
- Appropriate experience and a proven track record as successful choral director
- Knowledge and experience in vocal tuition, and choral vocal exercises
- Ability to monitor, assess and manage chorister development and performance
- Skills in piano accompaniment (desirable)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Current Class C driver’s licence (or appropriate private transportation arrangements)
- A personal and professional commitment to the vision, mission and values of this not-for-profit Association.
- Initially, please submit your Expression of Interest accompanied by your CV (including two referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will always acknowledge receipt of your Expression of Interest by return email.
- Applications must be received by Monday 3 December.
- For more information contact the Secretary – Ruth Rix on email@example.com, or President, Melissa Innes on 0439 545 604.
Choristry is looking for a new musical director
Choristry is a 30-voice mixed vocal ensemble dedicated to performing a diverse range of choral music to the highest standard in and around Melbourne, Australia. They are looking for a new musical director to lead the choir from the beginning of 2019.
EOIs should be received by November 1st 2018. Click here for further information
The District Singers Inc, needs a skilled accompanist...
The District Singers Inc. is a not for profit Sutherland Shire based community choir that was formed in 1989. We currently have 45 members ranging in age from 40s to 90s and we sing in 4 part harmony. We rehearse in Kirrawee on Tuesdays between 6 and 8 p.m.
The Choir performs for the enjoyment of residents in aged care facilities and other community groups within the Sutherland Shire. We sing a variety of popular songs and our performances are usually held during the day on weekdays and the occasional Saturday.
We require a skilled piano accompanist to work with our Director of Music and the choir.
For further details please contact Cheryl on 0417262721 or Gen 0417259524.
The Shoalhaven Lydian Singers Inc. Seeks a Musical Director and Conductor
To start February, 2019
Applications are invited from enthusiastic, experienced and suitably qualified persons to direct and conduct this well loved and highly renowned 4 part community choir of about 60 voices.
Now over 40 years since its inception, the choir has developed a large repertoire, both Classical and Modern. The Choir is based in Nowra, on the NSW South Coast, 2 hours south from Sydney airport. We normally stage 3 public concerts annually, and our weekly rehearsals are held in Nowra from 6:30 - 9:00 pm every Wednesday.
This is not a salaried position, but an honorarium will be paid to the successful applicant.
For further information please visit our website:
www.lydiansingers.org.au, or contact our President: Alison Friend on 0410127294.
Applications close on October 31, 2018. Please include your latest CV and send to:
SnailMail: PO Box 1400, Nowra. NSW 2541