The National Boys Choir of Australia is seeking a Co-Artistic and Administrative Director
The National Boys Choir of Australia is a Not-for-profit incorporated association which operates from its freehold premises in Ringwood, Victoria. The Choir was formed in 1964 and has developed a strong reputation in teaching and choral performance. Typically we have 50 boys in each of the Elementary and Junior training choirs with another 100 boys in the Performing Choir – ages are in the range of 7 to 15.
We aim to provide boys with an excellent choral music education based on the bel canto style and the opportunity for music and performance to contribute to a love of singing and the boys’ overall development, including self-confidence, leadership and interpersonal skills.
The Choir is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced person to the dual role of Co-Artistic and Administrative Director. This is a key full-time position and the incumbent will be responsible for overseeing the development of the Choir`s music program, working collaboratively with a Co-Artistic Director (part time role), as well as managing administrative and other operational activities of the organisation. The incumbent would also liaise closely with the Coordinator/Conductor of the training choirs.
The successful candidate will be required to regularly work outside normal hours – weekly rehearsals are held in the evening, several weekend workshops are held during each year and performances are mostly evening or weekend events. The Performing choir also tours for up to 10 days each year.
The successful candidate will:
- Have choral teaching experience in a school/educational role or extensive community choral leadership experience
- Be able to lead and manage rehearsals of the Performing Choir
- Preferably have classical vocal skills ; piano skills would be advantageous
- Be able to conduct a choir and orchestra in concert
- Demonstrate developed interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with staff and outside contacts, including parents of choristers
- Be proactive and display a practical approach with organisational, planning and strategic thinking capabilities
A salary package in the range of $90k to $110k (depending on experience) is envisaged. A role description can be downloaded from here: https://nationalboyschoir.com.au/position/
Applications, with resume close on Monday 21st January 2019 and should be addressed to :
The President, National Boys Choir of Australia, Unit 3, 9 Pilgrim Crt, Ringwood Vic 3134 or by email to ‘email@example.com’, or call 9872 4480 for further information.
VOICE WEAVERS A CAPPELLA CHOIR
New Music Director Wanted
Yes, that’s right, our current Music Director is retiring after our Japan tour in April 2019 and we are seeking a new Director to lead the choir to ever greater success.
Voice Weavers is a mixed voice a Cappella choir based in Tweed Heads, growing in size with currently some 50 members of all ages. We enjoy an extensive repertoire with a large variety in musical and arrangement styles. Part of what makes Voice Weavers unique is our plan to travel internationally every three years to continue on the success of the tours we have already taken to China, Vietnam, Russia and our tour to Japan in April 2019.
If you are interested please contact our President, June Rogan (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Secretary, Barbara Lofts (email@example.com or 07 55909496), for further information and to arrange attendance at a rehearsal to get an idea how the choir currently operates.
Seasonal Music Director
- Opera Choruses & G&S -
October - December 2019
- Are you a passionate, professional and driven Music Director looking to lead an award-winning choir?
- Join our friendly, supportive, high performing family of choristers who deliver quality performances across the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia and Europe
- Seasonal Choral Direction (season of approximately 2 months’ duration) with weekly rehearsals in Buderim (Sunshine Coast, Queensland)
Oriana Arts Inc boasts the multi-award-winning Sunshine Coast Oriana Choir (SCOC) and Sunshine Coast Oriana Youth Choir (SCOYC), and delivers 3 major choral seasons each year across a range of genres (classical, modern, sacred, large choral works and many more).
Based on the Sunshine Coast (Buderim) in Australia, with a current membership of 130, our vocal ensembles are renowned in South East QLD for delivering high quality performances to valued and loyal patrons. We have performed Messiah with QLD Symphony Orchestra, and early in May 2019 will deliver Mendelssohn’s Elijah with Brisbane Symphony Orchestra.
About the opportunity:
Working with the Artistic Director, you will musically direct our auditioned adult choir of approximately 60-70 singers, the Sunshine Coast Oriana Choir, as the Seasonal Music Director (SMD) for Season 3 2019 (Thursday October 17 – Sunday December 15) for a production of Opera Choruses and Gilbert & Sullivan favourites (repertoire to be negotiated with successful SMD).
As SMD you will work across all aspects of Music Direction (where applicable) including:
- Audition of seasonal performance soloists from choir membership and in consultation with the Artistic Director
- Attendance at regular weekly rehearsals, including special weekend rehearsals (x2) totalling approximately 16 rehearsals for the season; including comprehensive rehearsal preparation; and attendance at technical and dress rehearsals prior to performances
- Delivery of quality performance/s as required for the Season (rehearsal and performance schedule for Season 3 available on request)
- Collaboration and consultation with the Artistic Director in ensuring the choir’s progression, vocal standard and performance etiquette always attain the highest possible standard
- Ongoing collaboration with the Artistic Director and a workable, consultative approach with the committee, as well as approachability for sectional leaders and choristers, as appropriate
Do you have the following knowledge, skills and experience?
To be considered for the position of Oriana Seasonal Music Director the successful candidate will preferably have:
- Appropriate experience and a proven track record as successful choral director
- Knowledge and experience in vocal tuition, and choral vocal exercises
- Ability to monitor, assess and manage chorister development and performance
- Skills in piano accompaniment (desirable)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Current Class C driver’s licence (or appropriate private transportation arrangements)
- A personal and professional commitment to the vision, mission and values of this not-for-profit Association.
- Initially, please submit your Expression of Interest accompanied by your CV (including two referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will always acknowledge receipt of your Expression of Interest by return email.
- Applications must be received by Monday 3 December.
- For more information contact the Secretary – Ruth Rix on email@example.com, or President, Melissa Innes on 0439 545 604.
Choristry is looking for a new musical director
Choristry is a 30-voice mixed vocal ensemble dedicated to performing a diverse range of choral music to the highest standard in and around Melbourne, Australia. They are looking for a new musical director to lead the choir from the beginning of 2019.
EOIs should be received by November 1st 2018. Click here for further information
The District Singers Inc, needs a skilled accompanist...
The District Singers Inc. is a not for profit Sutherland Shire based community choir that was formed in 1989. We currently have 45 members ranging in age from 40s to 90s and we sing in 4 part harmony. We rehearse in Kirrawee on Tuesdays between 6 and 8 p.m.
The Choir performs for the enjoyment of residents in aged care facilities and other community groups within the Sutherland Shire. We sing a variety of popular songs and our performances are usually held during the day on weekdays and the occasional Saturday.
We require a skilled piano accompanist to work with our Director of Music and the choir.
For further details please contact Cheryl on 0417262721 or Gen 0417259524.
The Shoalhaven Lydian Singers Inc. Seeks a Musical Director and Conductor
To start February, 2019
Applications are invited from enthusiastic, experienced and suitably qualified persons to direct and conduct this well loved and highly renowned 4 part community choir of about 60 voices.
Now over 40 years since its inception, the choir has developed a large repertoire, both Classical and Modern. The Choir is based in Nowra, on the NSW South Coast, 2 hours south from Sydney airport. We normally stage 3 public concerts annually, and our weekly rehearsals are held in Nowra from 6:30 - 9:00 pm every Wednesday.
This is not a salaried position, but an honorarium will be paid to the successful applicant.
For further information please visit our website:
www.lydiansingers.org.au, or contact our President: Alison Friend on 0410127294.
Applications close on October 31, 2018. Please include your latest CV and send to:
SnailMail: PO Box 1400, Nowra. NSW 2541