Live From London
12:00am 1st August 2020 - 12:00am 3rd October 2020
Venue Name: The festival will be broadcast online every Saturday for 10 weeks
Venue Address: Ticket holders will be able to watch live at 2pm EST | 7pm BST and/or on demand from the date of broadcast until 3rd October
Event Type: International
Booking Email Address: email@example.com
First-ever global online vocal festival announced: singing returns
'Live from London' is a new, paid-for online festival from the VOCES8 Foundation, featuring some of the world's finest vocal ensembles including VOCES8, I Fagiolini, Stile Antico, The Swingles, The Sixteen, Chanticleer and more!
- The festival will be broadcast every Saturday for ten weeks from the 1st August 2020
- It has been designed to raise money for artists, venues and promoters to cover their COVID-19 losses, and to reunite the world's many singers, and audiences with much needed live concerts
- Broadcast in HD from the beautiful VOCES8 Centre (St Anne and St Agnes Church),in the heart of the City of London, viewers will be able to pay for exclusive access to season or individual concert tickets
- Award-winning artists featured include VOCES8, I Fagiolini, Stile Antico, The Swingles, The Sixteen (from Kings Place),The Gesualdo Six, Apollo5, Chanticleer (from San Francisco) and a special guest appearance by The Academy of Ancient Music
- The ensembles will be performing their favourite works, and pieces for which they've become renowned, singing repertoire from the Renaissance to contemporary A Cappella
- The festival is a heart-warming display of vocal ensembles helping each other in a time of crisis. These concerts will be some of the first performances by the ensembles since the start of the lock-down restrictions at the beginning of the year
- A portion of all ticket sales will be put towards funding for grassroots music education, and to addressing topics of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in choral music
- Artists will share income from season ticket sales, as well as individual concert income.
This approach goes beyond free streaming on social media, allowing a revenue channel for promoters, venues and artists (most of whom are freelance).
- Taking the lead from current sporting events, the concerts will be broadcast from a closed venue. Singers and crew will be following the strict government guidelines about safety and distancing in the workplace
- The VOCES8 team continues to lead the charge in its forward-thinking, inclusive initiatives in the choral sector. ‘Live from London’ follows the online work the VOCES8 Foundation has been doing over lock-down with its #liveathome series - more than 100 broadcasts of online performances, participation events and interactive sessions. Its reach highlighting the hunger for vocal music around the world
- VOCES8's 15th Anniversary is celebrated by the release of their new album 'After Silence' on the 24th July
- Continuing its founding principles of education, inclusivity and singing for all, The VOCES8 Foundation is launching a Digital Academy to go live this September. An online choral academy consisting of a wide array of world class, easy to use content, modules, live performances and live interaction with VOCES8 and members of the VOCES8 Foundation team